To educate and empower business owners with knowledge about Internet so they can maximise its potential as an integral part of their business.
- Website Standards Association is a group of professionals from the website development and Internet marketing industries that are passionate about the Internet and business
- WSA was established in 2006 by a small group of industry experts after they became tired of hearing stories of business owners being ripped off by sub-standard website developers
- WSA has identified the minimum standards that all websites should meet in the areas of business purpose, Internet marketing, usability and technology
- WSA aims to promote these standards throughout the web industry to improve the workmanship and professionalism of operators
- All companies endorsed by WSA surpass the standards identified by the Association and provide their clients with quality products and services that take full advantage of the potential of the Internet
- WSA aims to educate and inform all Internet users on how to get the most out of the medium by using tools such as search engine optimisation, website development and email marketing
- This education is predominantly aimed at business owners, who are often taken advantage of by operators due to their lack of knowledge about the Internet
- By informing business owners of how to use the Internet wisely, WSA hopes to prevent them falling prey to the many unprofessional and unethical web companies in the industry
- All WSA members are passionate about business and know that the Internet is a very powerful medium for businesses of all sizes – if it is set up and used correctly
- WSA is not a regulatory body for the Internet industry – the group does not have the power to control companies or pull below standard operators into line
- Any web company can become ‘WSA-endorsed’ by participating in rigorous evaluation of business practices and an extensive training course
- All WSA members must abide by the strict standards set by the WSA and act professionally and ethically at all times
Click here for a copy of the WSA fact sheet.